The GHA has a dedicated Human Resources department who are responsible for the following functions:
• The administration and implementation of recruitment and selection processes for all health care staff for the GHA. This often involves international recruitment exercises with interviews regularly taking place in the UK
• Arranging international staff transfers, usually to and from the UK, which involves organising flights, transfers and accommodation
• Preparing and renewing individual contracts of employment against a range of differing terms and conditions of employment
• Updating and maintaining the GHA’s Staff Complement data base
• Workforce planning, particularly the identification of medium-long term clinical vacancies and liaison with schools and students to steer their studies towards healthcare careers
• The conduct of industrial relations within the GHA
• Consultation and negotiation with recognised Trade Unions
• Preparing HR policies and procedures
• Sickness absence management – providing a proactive support and advisory service to line managers on the effective and sympathetic management of staff sickness
• Designing and implementing the Health & Safety procedures and systems within the GHA
• Organising the annual GHA Staff Awards Programme
• Management development within the GHA
• Providing advice and training to managers on all HR related issues. including recruitment, selection, discipline, workforce planning, sickness management, training, terms and conditions of employment, grievances, health and safety, industrial relations, policies and procedures, employment law, statutory entitlements and best practice.
You can contact the Human Resources Department on the following telephone and fax numbers:
Director of Human Resources: +350 20007079
Policy Section: +350 20007078
Recruitment Section: +350 20007081
Fax: +350 20043864
Medical Human Resources Department
This Department which reports to the Medical Director supports the recruitment and attendance and retention of all GPs, Non-Consultant Hospital Doctors; and Consultants. It also addresses leave requests housing issues and the organisation of the Visiting Consultants Programme. The Medical Human Resource Department also provides full administrative support to all activities under the domain of the Medical Director.
For further information contact +350 20007085
GHA Staff Awards Programme
The GHA Staff Awards programme has been running since 2006. The awards programme continues to be a welcome annual and public opportunity to celebrate and acknowledge examples of individual and team excellence in the provision of healthcare within the GHA during the previous year.
The GHA once again ran a highly successful stand at the Gibraltar careers fair, held in early 2013, and there was a high level of interest among students and their parents in the wide range of careers in health care.
Recruitment activity remained high throughout 2012.
For more information on current vacancies click here. or get in contact with us via the form below